Friday, September 20, 2013

Complicit

James Taranto knocks it out of the park in a Wall Street Journal article.
The Washington Post is credited with exposing the Watergate conspiracy and helping to bring down a corrupt presidency. Forty years later, the Post played a role in the corruption of the Internal Revenue Service, to the benefit of an incumbent president in a bitter and close re-election.
Taranto goes through the whole IRS scandal, from the beginning to what we know today, and he excoriates the press over their complicity in the scandal.
As we have argued before, Barack Obama's re-election deserves to be listed with an asterisk in the record books. He is the political equivalent of an athlete found to have used illicit performance-enhancing drugs. Whether he would have won in 2012 absent the IRS's political corruption is unknowable. We know only that he did win with the help of a corrupt IRS. And if indeed the election was stolen, many in the media were complicit in its theft.
Ouch.

1 comment:

Gerry N. said...

I talked at a local "journalist" at a civic function a few nights ago and told him the same thing and that was why I couldn't believe a word he had to say. If he told me it was noon I'd have to go out and check my sun dial with a flashlight before I'd believe it. He just gave me a blank stare.

He convinced me. I now believe him.

To be a lying idiot.