Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More Skeet!

In light of the President's recent admission that he's a skeet shooter, some have expressed skepticism, most notably a Congresswoman from Tennessee.  Representative Marsha Blackburn, R-Tennessee wants to be invited.
If he is a skeet shooter, why have we not heard of this? Why have we not seen photos? Why hasn't he referenced this at any point in time?" Blackburn said Monday on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront.""I tell you what I do think," she later added. "I think he should invite me to Camp David, and I'll go skeet shooting with him and I bet I'll beat him."
I bet she would.  What most intrigues me about this admission is why the President hasn't referenced his hobby during the recent, ongoing debate about guns?  As a guy whose first job was as a target boy on a skeet range, I have a few questions for the President.  What gun does he prefer?  What brand of shell?  Does he shoot high-gun or low-gun?  What's his handicap?  Does he tow the targets, or swing-through?

Other reporters are starting to ask questions, and Jay Carney is, as usual, clueless.
"He does go to Camp David with some regularity, but I'm not sure how often he's done that," Carney said during the daily press briefing.
Pressed further if there was a photograph of the president taking part in the sport, Carney said "There may be, but I haven't seen it." 
Well, Mr. Carney.  There is an old saying in the internet.  Without pictures, it never happened.  We'll be pleased to see the White House posting pictures of the President crushing a clay target.

2 comments:

Rivrdog said...

I'd be happy just to see him mount his gun and swing through a double. He doesn't even have to fire.

David N aka True Blue Sam said...

Does he use a muzzleloader, lever action, double barrel, or a slingshot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cztm3A50yGs