Friday, February 24, 2012

On the Recovery

I've been hearing economic news that we're beginning a recovery. That recovery is vital to President Obama's chances of staying out of the unemployment lines. However, when they spin it, it just doesn't resonate with working folks. We know better because we're out there every day.

One of the best indicators of the economy is the number of folks that are working. And the US Bureau of Labor Statistics gives us numbers that talk about employment. Sadly, they don't tell the tale of recovery. Quite the reverse.


It's quite simple. That's the percentage of people age 16 or older who are working.

The next time somebody tells you that we're in a recovery, point them to PawPaw's House and let them look at that graph.

The sooner we get this pretender out of office, the better off we'll all be.

P.S. Gas prices went up today in my little locale. My dollar won't go as far as it did yesterday, nor the day before. The President's fuel policies are killing us.

1 comment:

Gerry N. said...

I'm not a number cruncher, and I'm on a fixed income. Compared to the same time last year, my gas and groceries have increased in dollar amounts just about 20%. Gov't fees and taxes are also higher. That does not scream improvement of any kind to me.

As my favorite crazy Uncle uses to say, I've got enough money to last the rest of my life, provided I die by next Tuesday.

Thanks, O'bungler.