Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Obama Signs Debt Deal

I see that the debt deal has passed the House and Senate and President Obama signed it. So much for his pledge that he won't sign a bill until it's been on his desk for five days. I bet now that he wishes he'd have never said that in public. Another pledge broken, another dream unfulfilled.



I don't expect the man to keep any promises, but it is amusing to remind those who voted for him what he pledged to do.

However, he does pledge to try to raise taxes on the backs of our economy movers, the small businesses of this great nation.
"I've said it before, I'll say it again," Obama said. "We can't balance the budget on the backs of the very people who have borne the brunt of this recession. Everyone has to chip in. It's only fair. That's the principle I'll be fighting for in the next phase."
So, let's see how this plays out. I weep for our country.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

And Reid was already saying they WILL raise taxes before the ink was even dry on the paper... sigh... Is it 2012 YET???

Anonymous said...

I was curious how the Obama Administration was going to step around this. If you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2009/02/06/update-sunlight-signing you will see that they added "non-emergency" to there 5 day transparency policy. Whew, that was a close one! Obama almost had to do what he actually said he would do!