Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday

I didn't get a chance to watch the coronation inauguration yesterday because like most Americans, I had to work. Worked a 14 hour day.

I did read some news feeds and I was particularly impressed when George W. Bush gathered his legion of Bush-McChimpy-Hitler-Rethuglicans and lead an assault on the Capitol, refusing to transfer power and consolidating a military coup lead by Blackwater mercenarys to have himself appointed President For Life.

Oh... wait... That never happened. The change of power was peaceful, celebratory and President Bush cooperated fully and amicably with the transition.

So, we've got a new President. He's probably feeling his way into the office and finding his way around the new digs. I did see that he's updated the website already. I also see that he hasn't issued any executive orders yet, so it looks like he pissed away the first day in office. I thought he was going to hit the ground running.

I guess not.

I wish President Obama all the best. Truly I do. If he succeeds, the country succeeds and that's where my loyalty lies. To the country.

If he succeeds, I'll just sit here quietly and ignore him. He's the most powerful person on the face of the planet, and the hype has certainly been complete enough that he should be able to do anything. SO, success doesn't warrant comment. He's got all the tools for the job. We'll see if he can wield them.

If he fails, I'll trumpet his failures, large and small. That's my job. I'm the opposition.

And, that's not being mean-spirited. Turn about is fair play. He promised in a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. I don't believe that he knows what that means, but I intend to hold him to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember that you have a very liberal democrat sister who bit her tongue for the past eight years to ensure family harmony.

Just a thought.